Thursday, August 9, 2018

Celebrating Youths:Beyond The Classroom.

My  story is of a lady I have never met,but I promise to look for her,because she is passionate about something my mother loves,Scouting, and though mum is retired,she still is a member, and one of the assessors,My mum is the apple of my eye,so anything she loves,is engraved in ,my heart,

This young lady is Lillian Mandilla 32yrs of age born and bred in Bungoma County.She is a wife and a mother of two.
Lilian Mandila.

Being a first born and having been orphaned at the age of 10, she was faced with the task of beating all odds to go through school and also ensure her five siblings have acquired an education which they all have upto college level.

Lillian went to Masindu Primary school,Lugulu Girls High School  where  she was the Senior games prefect and later on  joined  Kenyatta University where she served as  a Student leader under KUSA 2009/2010.

She has taught in various schools one being ACK St Barthlomew  where her mean score remained remained since 2011 and was the best in voi subcounty in the kcse exam of 2011.
Currently she is a teacher at Chala Secondary School.
Lillian has mentored students in football(county twice,souts (regional)and drama(national)
She has presented award winning poems in the 2016 county drama festivals and the recently concluded World Environment day  competitions,
She has founded Inua Dada Foundation - chala sec chapter ,a programme which ensures that girls get pads to stay in school that's so noble right?I just love her.

Lilian in a Scout Uniform at a tree planting.
She has  presented an advert at the National Drama Festivals on reusable sanitary towels
and also founded the Chala Sec Amani Club in 2016.

She has participated in various tree planting activities in Mahandakini dispensary,along river lumi and the school.
and has organised and participated in various clean up exercises like slashing of chala dispensary and clean up of taveta town (I hope she invites me to one soon).


Lilian has been engaged in various student mentorship programmes at schools,ie kivukoni primary (My dad once taught this school-it used to be second after Lotima Primary the un beaten) and bishop njenga secondary School.
She has been a speaker in the Ack chala education day in 2014 and PCEA taveta.
Lilian is a member of YALI and has completed courses on women empowerment and has completed courses with the UNDP-EU joint task force.
This go getter is a Knec examiner and has also been privileged to invigilate and supervise Kcse exams for so many years.
Lilian at a tree Planting activity along River Lumi.

She has also worked as a trainer of adult scouts, and heeeee, listen to this,is a trained football referee -i am planning a tournament girl,you are being my referee.
She has been privileged to serve the school in so many capacities and she is currently the acting deputy principal-Oh God,at 32,this is amazing, I am challenged.
She serves the subcounty as Assistant Scouts Commissioner in charge of Youth Programme-Taveta, the Secretary Drama- Taveta .
At the county level,she is a nominated woman representative taveta subcounty in the Taita taveta branch Kuppet.
Woooow,quite a go getter right?
Who said a teachers job is in the classroom?teachers too are bringing change,I celebrate you teachers.

Huuuuuh, catching some breathe here,this girl is a handful,I totally admire her.
Lillian, you and I know how we met,and the first word i told you is I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE BOLD and true to my words, you are BOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment