Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Celebrating Youths:He is Turning Dreams to Reality.


Today I will celebrate several youths and I start with one person that I have personally worked with, a man so so passionate of his community that it amazes me.

George Kimboi
His Name is George Kimboi, born and bred in Challa ward, Taveta Subcounty.He is a husband and a father to a beautiful girl Aleena.

Kimboi is The ward administrator, Mahoo Ward, Taita Taveta County but wait,away from just being a ward administrator,he has gone out of his way and is totally making change in his community,This guy is giving hope to so many youths,students,mothers etc
If you saw some situations he is sometimes in,but still would never miss a meeting at furthest part of Taveta just to touch a life,admirable. 

He is a graduate Graduate holding Bsc Environmental Science degree from Egerton University I guess his passion for the environment.




I give you my view on this guy, When I just joined the county in 2015, I was looking at things, and I was shocked, especially how education in my sub county was taken fore granted, students were doing poorly, I was all over trying to do something, and I noticed Kimboi had the same passion I had, in education and the youth, we clicked and that’s how we became working partners. Whenever he had a ward baraza, we would go together and do sensitization.
That’s how we became The brains behind the formation of The Taveta Professionals, that was formed in February 2017and is aimed at bringing together professionals from the local community (Taveta) to give back, nurture, mentor the upcoming generation thru education and through support of different professionals, it was a success, so many wins for the team, He thus is one of the coordinators of this winning team of professionals.



Taveta Mentors having a brainstorming meeting.
Allow me mention the wins here:The Taveta professionals in partnership with world vision has a group of mentors who have gone to all schools in Mata ward, Bomeni ward, Mboghoni ward and Mahoo ward doing mentorship.The taveta professionals has also done capacity building for teachers from Riata,Kitobo,Madarasani and Mrabani Primaries in partnership with world vision. The Taveta professionals has done expansive sensitization on education in Barazas, meetings, parents days etcThe Taveta professionals has taken very needy students to school through member fundraising. The Taveta professionals in Partnership with the National Cohesion and integration commission has formed Amani clubs in both primary and secondary schools in Taveta to foster peace and cohesion among communities through academic and extracurricular activities.


Kimboi has worked with Sauti ya wanawake in so many capacities especially being a male champion who is helping in the fight against gender based violence which is rampant in our County.

George Kimboi has also trained in different courses ;Social protection course at ms tcdc, Gender responsive public service course at ms tcdc, psychological first aid training by world vision,  Empowered world view TOT by world vision, leadership & integrity  by CIT, County budget cycle at IBP, Best practice in Public service delivery & culture reform program by Kenya School of Governance,  ToT Art of Hosting methodologies by CISP, HIV/Aids peer educators training by Kenya red cross, conflict resolution course by center for conflict resolution kenya and he has a Gold Award on the The President's Award Scheme.
Kimboi at MS TCDC

Kimboi has trained and is Training community groups on empowered world view model, He has trained the youth, women groups, teachers and the now amazing bit is he has been training and working on reforming local brewers.
Kimboi Training Jipe Community on empowered world view.

Together with him we have done a lot of trainings community members on c-change, It has been amazing experience working with him.

Kimboi my dear friend, I want you to know that I appreciate you, and the community totally appreciates you too, you are doing an amazing job for our people in Taveta, Thanks for being my amazing working partner, the sober one among us, I say sober because sometimes we get disappointed and I want to walk out, but he calmly reminds me that not all doors you knock will be opened.


By the way, if there is a person that hates the limelight, it is him, he does things chini ya maji, he gets things done but does not want anyone to know its him, Sorry for unveiling you my brother, I just had to.

Oh and dont be deceived by his straight face (He rarely laughs) he is a very out going person,so easy to work with.
You want to interact with him,engage him on facebook George Kimboi.

No comments:

Post a Comment