Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Is Diamond loosing Touch?


So we woke up to a week of Diamond launching two songs, Bum bum which he has featured Iyanya from Nigeria and Mdogo mdogo.Watch both songs below:-

I have listened to both songs and all I can say as a music lover, Diamond lost touch since he did the Number one remix. My number one original was so good, its remix was not so enticing but it was a nice move to sell him internationally.
Diamond Platinumz


I believe a remix is one that makes your song better, it’s an improvement of the older version and my number one remix just improved the song by bringing in a star and he was able to sell internationally and gave him a mileage.

So let’s go back to What is latest Bum Bum and Mdogo Mdogo, I will be brutally honest here, the song Bum Bum is bad, could not hear a word, could you? Please diamond, quit singing English and if you have to, articulate your words, all I could hear in this song is shake your bum bum all the way to the end. The video was classic, too bad you spent such a fortune on a poor song. I know we have a fever for Nigerian style, yes, but if you have to go all Nigerian, make sure you do something out of this world, a good video alone will not sell, you need a good song (audio) and a perfect video.
Diamond Platinumz

Mdogo Mdogo is a good song, unique, it definitely was outside Diamonds comfort zone, but I have issues about the song, it’s not what I expect Diamond to sing, good though, and it will be a hit, not because it is a hit but because it was sung by Diamond, this is not a new style, ever heard of a song called Zilipendwa by Matonya? have a listen, same style, but It was never given air play, so if mdogo mdogo becomes a hit, it’s not because the song is good, but because it was sung by Diamond.Watch Zilipendwa by Matonya 

All said, Diamond is a good musician, but of late, I believe he is losing touch, let’s hope this will not be a start of a dying talent, He needs to choose his next style of music carefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment